Monday, May 10, 2010

1/144 00 Gundam Seven Swords G

Let me get this out of the way, I'm not a photographer and I don't claim to be, so please don't focus too much on my bad picture taking abilities. Advice is of course welcome.

On to business then, the High Grade 00 Gundam Seven Swords G. First off, check this out, its crazy (ignore if you already own any version of the 1/144 00).While this pose might look stupid to some people, its a great indicator of how much articulation this model has. Removing the the GN Blaster II and GN Buster Sword makes the model have much better poseability considering that these two items mess with the balance much more than you'd think (even though the GN Buster Sword is massive, it actually doesn't weigh that much when its being used as a shield or hanging off the GN Drives).

If you want pictures without Seven Swords G equipment go to dalong.net, click 00 at the top, click English Catalog, then scroll down until you find 00 Gundam.
So about that extra equipment, the GN Katars, GN Buster Sword, and GN Blaster II. Aside from these three there are two new GN Sword II versions, a long and short one. I'm not two big on because they are a bit unwieldly, especially the long one. Maybe its mine though, but I can't keep my short one together, whenever I try to pose with it, it falls apart and when I try using the wire line, it just falls over. The katars also have some issues, mostly relating to being a bit small and not fitting in the hand properly (I really need to pick up some modeling putty, any one know a good brand?) and tend to slide around. The GN Buster Sword sucks in my opinion, its too heavy to be used in the hands and just any pose you try ends up looking stupid, so I just keep it on the GN Drive or as a shield.
Anyway, I love the GN Blaster II, it works well as a gun, and it can be held as a sword without any real trouble. No pictures as a sword for the GN Blaster II for now.

So overall, while it has some issues holding the GN Katars and the GN Buster Sword, and every now and again the long and short swords (although that could be my fault more than anything). This is an extremely good model and if you can find it, buy it immediately its well worth the $30 (shipping included) from most State side stores.

Rating: 5/5
Status:
Must own, everyone should own one.

More pictures:
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r315/Groincrusher/Gundam%2000%20Seven%20Swords%20G/

4 comments:

  1. Don't know about you, but my GN Sword II Long works just fine. No problems wielding it whatsoever. But I think I do have a similar problem with the GN Sword II Short, the wire after awhile wont fit in anymore.

    The Buster Sword also works well as a hand shield. It can also be made to look "offensive" in this position too, like a mounted sword. Certainly better than wielding it.

    GN Sword II Blaster works well for simulating shots, in my own mind a bit more than the GN Swords usually do. Probably because it looks like an actual rifle and looks similar to Reborns Buster Rifle too.

    I did not build my 007S yet though, I only built the weapons and let my 00 Raiser wield it. For me, some of the swords look nice when wielded by 00R, so I just use it as an equipment set for now.

    By the way, do you have a stand? I think your reviews would be better if some poses were done with a stand, especially with kits like HG 00 who have great articulation and I think some air poses can help present the articulation of the HG 00 and kits in general more, but just a note for the future I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is part of my problem, I don't have a stand for 1/144 scale models but I do plan to buy one specifically for reviewing when I get the spare cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, s stand is a very worthy investment I can tell you that. I have trouble keeping up supply one for each of my kits. But I guess in your case one would help your reviews out a great deal.

    There's one stand that can both be used by 1/100 scale and 1/144 scale. That should be a good buy, since you can choose based on which scale you want to use. Although I'm not sure whether the online stores sell them, I buy my kits locally from a shop. I'm lucky I live in a country and place that has a Gunpla model shops, Gunplas are pretty common here.

    I also think you should update this review with a stand.HG 00 Gundam is one of the most articulate kits out there, so its a shame if it cannot be showed of to its full potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Nodachi sword was always upheld in battle because of its front line's surprising cutting energy.
    swords for sale

    ReplyDelete